Monday, March 3, 2014

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU COLD WEATHER, MAKE ICE CUBES ON THE BALCONY

Hey buds. 

Happy Monday! 
Anybody watch the Oscars last night? (HAH kidding you all probably did). Can we talk about how perfect Lupitas dress was and how not perfect her headband was? Hm. I hope someone was paying her big money to wear that thing.

Here's what's up lately:

I woke up Thursday CONVINCED it was Saturday. Like, woke up my alarm and said "oh shoot! I forgot to turn off my alarm for the weekend!" and proceeded to go back to sleep for another 45 minutes. Oops. I'm convinced this is why designers invented shawl/blanket sweaters. Last minute comfort!

Friday's #dottyoptimism was more of a do-goodism...but I meant it! I've been trying to do something every Friday to pay it forward...just something little that surprises & makes someone's day a little better. It's amazing how a tiny act can make such a big impact! Do something this week to pay it forward, friends!

March 1st was snowy and 8 degrees. HAPPY SPRING, WISCONSIN.
Naturally I made cocktails. Because that's just what you do. We mayyyyy have put things out on the balcony to get them cold rather than the freezer. It's a Midwest winter rite of passage.

Sppppeeeeaking of cocktails, tomorrow's recipe post is a cocktail you won't be able to pass up:

Mmmkay.
Back to the Oscars. 
Sandy, sandy, you were looking SO much better than you were at the Golden Globes! Anyone else love her earrings? Found these goodies here- which led me down the rabbit hole of t+j designs. DUDES. Go here and click the "necklaces" tab and don't buy anything. I DARE YOU.

Alright, I know it's not an original question, but:
Who was your Oscar best/worst dressed?

xo, lp

Psssst: let's be instagram friends! leave your handle in the comments and find me here: @lpodlich

4 comments:

  1. I had a really hard time picking out a best dressed because there were so many gorgeous gowns last night! Cate, Jennifer Lawrence, and Lupita looked amazing. I really wasn't a fan of what Julia Roberts and Angelina wore. They've just worn better so last night was bit of a let down.

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those earrings are STUNNERS! I loved seeing all the jewelry and bling last night–what I wouldn't give to wear one of those diamond necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those cocktails look amazing!!!!
    xo,
    Dana Kay
    http://danakay16.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah yes, cocktails cooling off on the patio. sounds like home :)

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...