Monday, December 9, 2013

....AND THEN YOU END UP AT PERKINS

If you had told me that I would spend an anniversary dinner at Perkins in Appleton, Wisconsin during a snowstorm I would have told you that you were smoking something a little too strong.
And yet, where did I find myself last night?
Yup- you guessed it. At a Perkins in Appleton,WI in a snowstorm. 

Why? Well let me rewind. So I won Packers tickets a while back at work (remember that?), and the game happened to land on our 4 year anniversary (score!). The game was at noon, so we got up early, drove to Green Bay (as it was starting to snow) and headed in.
WAIT. Let me paint a picture for you of what I looked like: I looked like Ralphie's brother in a Christmas Story. Snowpants. Coat. Scarf. Hat. Mittens. Boots. It was cold, y'all. I'm talking juuuuust barely double digits cold. And snowing. And windy. So cold that our beer froze upon opening:
...and all of our pictures have snow in front of our faces
Wait..where was I?
Right. Perkins.
So the game ends (we win!) and we go to drive home and realize the streets are full of snow.
You know what happens when the streets are full of snow?
The idiots come out of the woodwork and choose to drive like the idiots they are. Not only to they smash up their own cars, they cause other accidents that shut down roads and make everyone else wait as their Escalades get loaded up on a tow truck to be taken back to Daddy's house to be fixed.
Moral of the story: it should take 20 minutes to get to Appleton from Green Bay. It took 2 hours.

Frustrated and hungry we pulled off and stopped the first place we saw: a warm Perkins.
The food was...well...Perkins-esque, but I have to say, it was a great anniversary dinner. We people watched (read: Old People watched), tried to regain our voices from screaming at the game. and reminisced over the last 4 years (awwwww. i know, roll your eyes). 
And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. 
Happy 4, M! For Keeps!
----
In other news, my babelicious sister turned 30 yesterday. She's kind of my hero, so naturally i believe she makes 30 look better than anyone else. Plus, look at her pulling off this flat-brim hat! So thug.
 I know beginning of fall is "sweater weather" that everyone says to be cutesy- but SHIT people, it's winter in the Midwest, sweaters are necessary now. Especially ones with cables. Worn with chambray. Duh.

DID YOU ENTER THE GIVEAWAY YET? Sorry for shouting, but jesus people it's $50. FO FREE. And if you enter, make sure to read the mandatory entries. Come back tomorrow for ANOTHER giveaway. Yup, it's the holiday season people, it's gonna get fun over here.
 
Finally: a PSA for Loren Hope. How good are her Sophia studs? If you feel like sending me a gift, I'll take one set in every color, please and thanks. I'll send ya my address. Love. 

Alright, long enough post for the day. I know, I know.
What was wonderful about your weekend, friends?
Any fellow Perkins goers out there?

xo, lp


let's be friends on instagram. please? cool. (@lpodlich)

6 comments:

  1. I wish we had this kind of snow for once in Nashville! Stopping by from the linkup :-)
    Meghan @ Lipstick Skulls Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our our 2nd anniversary (2004) dinner at a truck stop in Alabama. Super exciting life of truckers. Spend new years eve that year at a rest area in West Virginia. Party animals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe you guys went to that packers game. Im sure it was cold but thats one heck of an experience. Happy Anniversary!

    BTW, im hosting a "Tell All Tuesdays" Blog Hop with Fitness Blondie. Join us :)

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...