Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday's Fancies #34: Road Trip Time

I rock at roadtrips.
No, but really. I'm not just talking about a few measly hours. I mean the legit, long distance road trips.
My senior year in college 5 friends and I drove to Pasadena to see the Badgers in the Rose Bowl. If you'd like to calculate that- it's about 40 hours each way. We drove straight through. No stopping. No hotels. 
In case you're new to the blog, you probably didn't see our epic road trip a few months ago I documented on Instagram. Michael and I were living in Virginia, and before we moved back to Wisconsin we drove up to Maine, hitting every single East Coast state on the way, then over to WI. 

I rest my case. I feel like I've proven myself to you. Thus, take my advice when I say I know how to dress for a road trip. This outfit is perfect for a fall trip in the car:
 Make sure you have sunglasses, there's nothing worse than a staring at the sun headache. Check out these perfect tortoise ASOS sunglasses (under $15!).

If you're the passenger and you're anything like I am, you want to be able to kick off your shoes. These mauve GAP Scrunch Flats are perfect slip on flats in case you make a quick pitstop to see the world's largest ball of yarn.

You all know I love gigantic jewelry- but when in comes to road trips, I ain't messin' with any of that. Simple studs all the way, like these Marc by Marc Jacobs studs will do just fine. 

Gosh this striped knitted sweater looks comfy, eh? Do I need to justify it? No. 

 I know people might think yoga pants should be a go-to road trip bottom. Well, I disagree. If you're going to be getting out, seeing things, eating dinner, taking pictures, my vote is for jeans. Especially with the soft, stretchy, comfy jeans out there today, like these: TopShop comfy jeans!

Okay, I get you're probably all thinking I'm crazy with Kate Spade Passport Holder in my mix, but let me justify. If you're really taking an all out- where the road takes you road trip, always have your passport. Case  in point : When Michael and I were on the epic road trip I mentioned above we stopped in Niagra Falls. We  turned on the GPS to leave & start heading toward Ohio. Long story short we ended up going through a toll and realized they were asking for Canadian money. Turns out the fastest way to get there was through Canada. Welp, dear M doesn't have a passport so we couldn't get through. The attendant wouldn't let us through so he had to back up the line to let us out #embarrassing. Just bring a passport and cover it in a cute cover, okay?

Anyone else bring a passport with them on roadtrips?
Or try to sneak into Canada like it's nobody's business?

xo,lp 
 

14 comments:

  1. Um, hold up. 40 hours each way? Yes, I'm pretty sure you win at road trips. A cute and comfortable outfit for long trips in a car. Love the sweater! Have a great weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A striped sweater never needs a justification ;) And you seriously are the road trip queen! I'm embarrassed to say my longest road trip was like 4 hours, max!

    Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ♡jilly
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that sweater, especially paired with the pink flats. It sounds like you are the pro of road trips!! Do you have any planned soon?! Such a darling blog, happy I came across it! Have a great weekend!!

    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    twirlingclare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura!! You're the road trip queen...we all bow to you. ;) I'm as obsessed with all things tortoise right now as you are, so those sunglasses need to get on my face ASAP. And that striped sweater is killing me! Speaking of sweaters, have you seen J.Crew's new sweaters with the 3 tortoise buttons on the left shoulder. I mean, I die.

    Miss you girl! Hope MI is treating you wonderfully!

    xo ~
    Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura! This is another fantastic set. I'm constantly in love with your blog. I'm definitely going to need some of your good roadtrip luck in the next couple months.. 3000 miles is a LONG WAY. Hopefully I'll look as pulled together as you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit! And you're right big, dangley accessories just don't work well for long hours in the car! ;) And I can't say I've ever tried to slip out of the country one way or the other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my a 40 hour road trip sounds awful all the way through..... lol!!! Love those flats in the outfit!!! And haha I have definitely drove to Canada a lot of times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm all about comfy yet stylish jeans too! It's a must!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A passport cover - GREAT idea! I love how this look is both comfy and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha i love the passport story. seriously impressed that you guys roadtripped 40 hrs without stopping too?! i think i would need some training. toooo much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this outfit, especially that awesome sweater! Hope you have a lovely weekend! :)
    Cheers,
    Sara
    www.SocialSara.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outfit & I think I saw you in something similar on your road trip home? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the outfit for any day, not just road trips :) I cannot believe you spent 40 hours driving without stopping that is insane!! At least you have fun on your road trips and learn a thing or two

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are the queen of road trips! Jeans and flats are seriously the way to go. We are driving home today from NJ and I wore a big necklace and kept thinking why did I think this was a good idea?! Studs are definitely the better choice.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...