Sunday, March 11, 2012

rainbow cupcakes

         St. Patty's Day is a few days away, and to be honest- I'm a whopping 0% Irish. You all know, of course, if you follow this blog that I will celebrate pretty much any holiday out there if it means I get to make fun themed food or decor. I'm sure you've seen these cupcakes around on Pinterest at some point, and I finally decided to make them this year. Thus, without further ado, may I present to you...

RAINBOW CUPCAKES! 



Dear sweet Sherry from Young House Love and ridiculously cute Katie from Bower Power are doing their Pinterest Challenge again. While I'm sure these ladies will do some UBER creative and hard pin, I'm just doing one that's tedious...and delicious. Here's how it all happens:


Step 1: Take a box of white cake mix, and mix it up per directions on the box. Separate into 6 different bowls.
Step 2: Add 4-5 drops of food coloring into each bowl to make the colors of the rainbow. If it looks too pastel, just keep adding and mixing until you get the color you're looking for.


Step 3: Start filling your cupcake liners either with purple or red and work your way backwards. You want your cupcake liners to be around 3/4 full when you're finished- so put just a little amount of each color in!!
Step 4: Realize you made too much of a few colors and make nerdy designs on the tops of a few of the cupcakes:
Step 5: Bake as the directions of the box say to do, and let cool completely. Admire the fact that your nerdy designs sort of worked out. (key:SORT OF)
Step 6: Once cool, add white frosting to make a fluffy, cloud like topping! I wish I had make edible gold glitter to top them with...sorry folks, not pot of gold at the end of these rainbow cupcakes.

Step 7: Realize you haven't even looked to see if you succeeded in making a rainbow...and cut those guys open to see that you actually did! (Note: the one below may not be the best example, but most of them turned out pretty great!)

the perfect rainbow cupcake:



Anyone going to be trying these pretty sweets? Next year I'll get my act together and get some gold edible glitter, I promise!

xo, lp

DIY under $5

29 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to make these! They look yummy!! Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! And now I want cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!
    That first picture just blew my mind a little. Supa' cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I'm making lots of awesome green foods this week. I can't wait to share them on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't wait to see what you come up with julie!

      Delete
  5. looks. so. amazing. !!!.
    xx jes

    www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum...these look so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute to use the rainbow and pot of gold idea! I think these would be yummy! And so much fun for kids to make! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! I love seeing projects from pinterest that people have actually pulled off! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would be perfect to make with my boys as a special treat! They would love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How much fun are these and how cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol I could go for a cupcake right now! yum!

    xx

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these are amazing, but how rude of you not to have edible gold glitter. Wow. I may have to try these for my third graders before I leave. I think I would be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm sure third graders would love them! and i know, totally dropped the ball on the glitter. bummer.

      Delete
  13. Look at you go girl! Those look so good! I'm glad they worked out! (I would've gotten cold feet making them afraid they were going to turn a mess!) Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are colorful AND delicious. also, love celebrating any holidays for any reason! (+ who doesn't love green beer?) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh those are sooooooooo cute!!!!!! I highly doubt I would be as good making something like those....

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so awesome. I am making these tomorrow just to celebrate how awesome they are!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey guys! What a nice and cute cupcakes ideas, so beautiful! I am professional writer and I have the task from my client to produce the paper about "ways of creating beautiful and mouthwatering dessert" so the task will be quite easier for me with the help of your blog! So thanks a lot, you can visit my writing company paper land to see my results and find smth interesting to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I’ve been gone for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this blog. Thank you, I’ll try and check back more often. How often do you update your site? noticiasdealcorcon

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is Blue World City a legal housing society?
    The Blue World City is a legal housing scheme that owns development permissions from concerned authorities.
    Rudn Enclave payment plan
    park view lahore location
    Blue world city Islamabad map

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he just bought me lunch since I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch!    hadeelweb

    ReplyDelete

  22. The service that Imarah Marketing offers is the best out there.
    https://imarahmarketing.com/blue-world-city/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Imarah Marketing PVT LTD is the best marketing platform I've ever worked with. They had innovative ideas that not only improved the company's brand but also made it exciting to promote.
    I can't say enough about what a great experience I've had with Imarah Marketing PVT LTD and I'll definitely be recommending them to all of the people that I can.
    https://imarahmarketing.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just visit your website and I found it very informative. Please share more content just like that. I want to read more content so please upload more articles. Thanks in advanced.

    Packaging Host

    Die Cut Stickers

    Static Cling

    Cheap Latest Products

    Property Saga

    Lahore Smart City

    Nova City Islamabad

    Park View City Islamabad

    Al Noor Orchard Lahore

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...